I have known Mark Andrew since 8th grade and he is a dear friend.
I want to encourage you to support Mark’s candidacy for Mayor of Minneapolis:
- The Environment. As a student at the University of Minnesota, Mark was the first President of the Minnesota Public Interest Research Group (MPIRG). As a Hennepin County Commissioner, he developed and helped to enact County-wide recycling programs and promoted the development of the Mid-Town Greenway. As a business owner, he devised and incorporated effective strategies for the greenest sports stadium in the world – Target Field.
The development of the eastern portion of downtown Minneapolis for the Vikings stadium will have a major impact on our city for the next 50 years. Mark’s green stewardship will be a model for Minneapolis, as well as other cities throughout the country.
- Hennepin County Government. As a member and chairman of the Hennepin County Board for 16 years, Mark’s bipartisan approach earned him the admiration of Board members, his constituents, and governmental bodies throughout our state.
- Business. As the owner of Greenmark Sports, Mark has worked with sports facilities throughout the country to incorporate green technologies.
- Public Education. Mark graduated from Washburn High School and his two children graduated from Minneapolis Public Schools. Throughout his career, he has served on numerous Boards for at-risk children and has worked closely with the Minneapolis School Board.
- Human Rights. As a member of the Hennepin County Board, Mark has fostered major advances on behalf of the GLBT community, women, children and the mentally ill.
- Endorsements. The impressive array of individuals who have endorsed Mark’s candidacy include national and state elected figures, business owners, union organizations, and members of both major political parties (see markforminneapolis.com).
Mark has a rare skill-set that will advance the goals of Minneapolis for a better environment, a caring community, and a strong and successful economy.
While there are many candidates for mayor, only Mark has the vision and proven record of accomplishment for our community.
I am proud to call him my friend and you will be proud to call him your mayor.
St. Louis Park