Minneapolis Police have issued a crime alert for the Nicollet Island/East Bank neighborhood in the wake of a rash of burglaries.
There were five home break-ins in the neighborhood the last week of November, according to a crime alert issued Nov. 29. The alert provided the following details on the burglaries:
- A suspect broke into a home on the 100 block of Island Avenue East by cutting a screen;
- A burglar broke into a condo through an unlocked sliding door on the 200 block of 1st Avenue Northeast;
- Someone burglarized a single-family home on the 300 block of 9th Street Southeast by entering through a basement window;
- Electronics and money were stolen during a burglary on the 600 block of Adams Street; and
- A burglar broke into another home on the 600 block of Adams by removing a screen on a window.
Police ask that residents in the area look out for one another and call 911 if they see suspicious activity.
For more information and safety tips, call Crime Prevention Specialist Carol Oosterhuis at 673-2874. To view the crime alert, go to www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/police/crimealert.