For updated information on the city's recovery efforts in wake of Sunday's tornado in North Minneapolis, click here.
Places for help/shelter:
• NorthEast Armory, 1025 Broadway St. NE., is where city officials and the Red Cross are sending families impacted by the storm while they work on setting up a family assistance center.
• The Salvation Army at 2024 Lyndale Ave. N. is providing people with clothing, food and other basic needs.
• The Prayer Center, 21 ½ W. Broadway Ave., is offering food assistance.
• The Minneapolis Foundation has established the Minnesota Helps–North Minneapolis Recovery Fund to assist with short-term and long-term housing and recovery efforts. You can donate online at GiveMN.org or send checks to The Minneapolis Foundation, 80 S. 8th St., Suite 800, Minneapolis, MN 55402. The Minneapolis Foundation and Greater Twin Cities United Way are providing up to $200,000 in matching funds.
• The American Red Cross is helping people impacted by the May 22 storms. Go to redcrosstc.org to donate. Follow the local Red Cross on Twitter @redcrosstc. Text the word “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Checks can be sent to the American Red Cross–Twin Cities Area Chapter, NW 5597, PO Box 14505, Minneapolis, MN 55485
• KMOJ Radio along with The Ackerberg Group and Catalyst Partners are collecting donations of non-perishable food, clothing and bottled water, among other items at the 5 Points Building at the corner of West Broadway and Penn avenues. Call 612-377-3456 for more details.
• NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center, 1315 Penn Ave. N., is collecting food donations, too. Call 612-767-9175 for more information.
• The Salvation Army is also helping storm victims. Financial donations can be made online at thesalarmy.org, by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or by sending a check to The Salvation Army, 2445 Prior Ave., Roseville, MN 55113.
Those interested in volunteering are urged to call the city's info line (311).
(Sources: City of Minneapolis, Greater Twin Cities United Way and The North Minneapolis Post-Tornado relief efforts info sheet)