The CenterPoint Energy Torchlight Parade will take place tonight — one of the highlights of the Aquatennial.
Led by parade grand marshal Lindsay Whalen, the parade will start at 8:30 p.m. and will last approximately 2 hours. The parade will begin near the Basilica of St. Mary, make its way down Hennepin Avenue, and end on 5th Street.
Parade floats will be staged in the Dunwoody College of Technology parking lot beginning at 3 p.m. for parade previews.
Performance teams for the parade will also be available for previews during the day.
Other events today:
• Backyard Science, 10 Best Days of the Bakken, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
• AAO Meet the Queen of the Lake Candidates, 12–2 p.m.
• Family Fun in Loring Park, 4–7:30 p.m.
• Life Time Fitness Torchlight 5k, 7:30–10 p.m.
• Frankenstein Fest, 10 Best Days of the Bakken, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
• SAA 500 Card Tournament, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
• World Wakesurfing Championships, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
• Mill City Live, Joey Ryan and the Inks, 6 p.m.
For more information and details about the Aquatennial events, click here.
NOTE: Hennepin Avenue will be closed from 6 p.m. until approximately 10:30 p.m. for the festivities. Dunwoody Boulevard will be closed to traffic, including the Dunwoody exit ramp off Interstate 394 beginning at 6 p.m. Hennepin Avenue will be closed to traffic from Dunwoody Boulevard and Lyndale Avenue to Washington Avenue from 7:15 p.m. to approximately 10:30 p.m.