Waite Park neighborhood, in the city's northeast corner, is bound on the north by 37th Avenue Northeast, on the east by Stinson Boulevard, on the south by Saint Anthony Parkway and on the west by Central Avenue Northeast.
The neighborhood is named for Edward Foote Waite, judge of the District Court of Hennepin County from 1911 to 1941. In 1887, the city incorporated most of the land in the neighborhood. By that time the railroad had built a large repair facility, the Shoreham Yards. (Source: City of Minneapolis Neighborhood Profiles)