Sarah McKenzie

Q and A


Q and A with Louise Swenka

Downtown's House of Charity is celebrating its 50th year of service. It bills itself at the "heart of the city." Tom Kondrak, known as Brother DePaul, founded the organization in 1953 to help the "down and out of Minneapolis," according to a short history prepared by the organization. It first opened on Nicollet Island and moved to its current site, 510 S. 8th St., in 1976. The House of Charity provides an array of services to help the homeless and the hungry. Louise Swenka is the resource development coordinator for the House of Charity.


Subscribe to RSS - Sarah McKenzie